Alpha @ Trinity
February 6, 2024
7:00pm – 9:00pm
How are you spending your life? Think about it for just a moment: if you live to be 70 years old, you will spend...
- 20 Years and 3 Months asleep
- 10 Years and 5 Months watching TV
- 5 Years and 9 Months riding transportation
- 7 Years and 6 Months eating and drinking
Why not spend a just less than 24 of those hours exploring life's biggest questions? Questions like:
- Why are we here?
- How can I make the most of my life?
- Is there a God?
- How can I know?
- Does it even matter?
Alpha is designed for just these kinds of conversations. It is a place where you can explore life's biggest questions in an atmosphere that's relaxed, open, and honest.
When: Tuesdays, February 6 - April 9.
Time: 7:00 pm
Location: Trinity Green Trails, 2701 Maple Ave. Lisle, IL 60564.
What Is Alpha?
Each week, we will do three things:
- EAT - we will enjoy a meal together to just build relationships and get to know one another
- LISTEN - we will listen to a talk about life and faith from a Christian perspective
- DISCUSS - you will have a chance to then share your views, thoughts, and reactions to the question or topic that we just heard about around tables in small group discussion
You don't have to be a Christian, or really a person of faith at all. You just have to be curious. Join us for Alpha.
When do the doors open?
Doors open at 5:30pm and you are free to come and just hangout with others before we get started.
When is dinner?
Dinner will be from 6:00-6:30pm each time we meet.
If I have a food allergy, will something still be provided?
Absolutely! When you register, please let us know what your allergy is so that we can provide a meal that meets your specific needs.
Will there be childcare available?
Definitely :) If childcare is something that you need in order to be able to participate, just let us know at registration and we will make sure that childcare is provided.
Can I invite a friend?
Yes :) You are more than welcome to invite someone else to come with you.
If I decided, after a couple of sessions, that Alpha isn't for me, can I stop attending?
Yes. We want you to feel comfortable and if this isn't the right experience for you, you do not have to continue to attend. All we ask is that you try it for at least 3 sessions before making a decision. No one will come tracking you down, though, if you decide that this isn't for you.
Do I need to bring anything?
Just your appetite, curiosity, and readiness to have a conversation. If you are someone who likes to take notes, though, you may want to bring a pen and a notebook with you, so that you can jot down your thoughts during the talk each week.